2013-04-14

Delay warnings when using USB audio on the Raspberry Pi

My kernel.log and debug log files had grown to over 2 GBytes each. This was due to log messages of this kind:
delay: estimated 0, actual 133
As another blog stated, this can be fixed by adding a parameter to the sound-usb-audio module of Alsa. So I did the same thing, creating a file /etc/modprobe.d/snd_usb_audio.conf with this content:
options snd-usb-audio nrpacks=1
After restarting Alsa or a reboot, the problems were gone, the logfiles kept small.

1 comment:

  1. Nive one Arne, fixed my USB dac logging, and saved me a lot of time and digging. Lucky you put the fix on your blog as the link is currently broken. I only really noticed it as rsyslog was taking 10% cpu.
    An alsa restart didnt do it for me, but a reboot did.
    The logs are stored at /var/log

    ReplyDelete